Last Updated on
Recall that Magu was made to appear before Justice Ayo Salami-led Presidential Investigative Panel on Anti-corruption to defend himself against allegations.
As at this moment, Mr Magu is still detained at the Force CID building for interrogation.
The major allegations against Mr Magu as compiled by PRNigeria are listed below:
1. Insubordination to the Office of the AGF
2. Alleged ‘relooting of recovered loots’ and Sale of seized assets to cronies, associates and friends
3. Alleged favouritism towards selected EFCC investigators called the ‘Magu Boys’ for ‘juicy’ assignments
4. Alleged leakages of investigative reports that were prejudicial to some cases to some selected media
5. Alleged discrepancies in the reconciliation records of the EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Finance on recovered funds
6. Alleged declaration of N539b as recovered funds instead of N504b earlier claimed
7. Not providing enough concrete evidences against some suspects including on Diezani Alison-Madueke for her extradition
8. Reporting some judges to their presiding officers without deferring to the AGF
9. Not respecting court order to unfreeze a N7b judgment in favour of a former executive director of a bank.